“The Trauma Code, Unlocking your performance, is a fascinating read that will no doubt improve your quality of life! Doug Smith not only provides fresh, eye-opening insights into how we, as humans, have a subconscious need to support others, but he also explains how we can leverage that basic desire to achieve higher levels of health, happiness, and success.”
– Ivan Misner PhD., NY Times bestselling author, Founder of BNI and Referral Institute
Using a systematic approach to improve mental performance will give you a competitive advantage. System 438 is designed to help you to better manage trauma and improve your mental performance at the same time. I look forward to your feedback and to your continuous improvement.
Trauma will always be with you, but trauma does not have to control you.
At the age of 2, I was diagnosed with Rickets and put into ankle-to-hip leg braces as a child. I remember the feeling of confinement even today. At 18 years old I was drafted 2nd overall into the National Hockey League. At age 29, in professional game # 607, I broke my neck ending my career and suffered a high-level spinal cord injury leaving me paralyzed from the chest down.
When it comes to achieving recovery or elite high performance, our brains do not know the difference. There is one system for both.
Our brain desires one thing. It wants to get better & then better again. System 438 is a safe and peaceful path to understanding trauma, healing, and renewal.
A few rules about MANAGING Trauma
- “Injury is to the body as trauma is to the psyche”. Dr. Tomlinson
- All humans will suffer from trauma in their lifetime.
- Trauma begins to impact us at one month after conception.
- Of the 4 types, Cumulative Emotional Trauma is society’s costliest problem.
- Trauma causes a disruption between conscious and subconscious thought.
- This disruption can cause you to behave in unfamiliar ways and not know why.
- Your subconscious brain controls you. Over 95%+ of your human functioning.
- System 438 speaks to, & leverages, that 95% to increase uptake in performance.
- A ubiquitous systematic approach to trauma largely reduces human suffering & costs.
Awareness about why and how System 438 can work for you
4 – The human species suffers from only 4 types of trauma. 3 types of trauma we can see so we deal with what we can see. The last type of trauma is mostly invisible to us so we do not deal with it and it hurts us. You will be educated on all 4 types of trauma and how to deal with them quickly and efficiently. System 438 will show you how to protect yourself, lead with confidence and consistently achieve phenomenal outcomes
3 – What controls us? How does it work? The subconscious brain controls more than 95% of our human functioning. The good thing is that our subconscious brain has only 3 priorities. You will learn the 3 priorities of your subconscious brain and how you can consistently fuel these priorities with 8 specific behaviours.
8 – Behaviours drive System 438. There are 8 specific behaviours feeding the 3 priorities and those behaviours can be cultivated using simple, memorable actions every day. You will learn these actions.
People tell me every day; System 438 just makes sense.
This course is for individuals, communities, and businesses with:
- A burning desire to understand the emotional and financial cost of Trauma
- Need to reduce cumulative emotional trauma in their community or workplace
- A burning desire to improve personal, business or social performance
- A need to recover after catastrophic physical trauma
- A burning desire to continuously improve mental performance
- Interest in helping family members and close friends
- A burning desire to do good for the world